Format & Call Letters
Hot Adult Contemporary - WKIB
From high atop a tower with bright lights just North of Cape Girardeau, Mix 96.5 pumps out 50,000 watts of ALL of Today's Hit Music to Southeast Missouri, Southern Illinois, and Western Kentucky.
Our format is Mainstream/Pop Contemporary Hit Radio (CHR), or as the old folks would say, "Top 40."
Mix 96.5 features music from the 90’s and today and targets Women 18-49,
Mix 96.5's Hot AC format is America's fastest growing radio format and targets consumers with a high disposible income.
Artist Profile: Mix 96.5 features new music and old favorites from artists like: Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne, Colbie Caillat, Adele, Maroon 5, Pink, Train, Sara Bareilles, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Green Day, Howie Day, Taylor Swift, Jason Mraz, Goo Goo Dolls, Matchbox 20 and more.
Mix 96.5 is also markedly involved in the community and focuses on listener interaction.
Get exposure to thousands of potential customers each week with Mix 96.5 FM.
Mix 96.5 listeners are in their prime spending years.
Age: Mix 96.5 targets woman 18 to 49.
- 13% of Mix 96.5 listeners are adults 45 to 54 years old.
- 20% of Mix 96.5 listeners are adults 35 to 44 years old.
- 32% of Mix 96.5 listeners are adults 25-34 years old.
- 30% of Mix 96.5 listeners are adults 18-24 years old.
Gender: Females 12+ favor Mix 96.5's format.
- 58% of Mix 96.5 listeners are female while 42% are male.
- Over 60% of this consumer group falls significantly into the 25 to 54 age group.
Occupation: Mix 96.5 targets individuals who are employed fulltime in a variety of occupations including: owner, manager, professional, clerical, trade, skilled sales, and technical.
Household Income: Mix 96.5's listeners have high earning power.
- 43% of Mix 96.5 listeners have an income over $75,000.
- 12% of Mix 96.5 listeners have an income of $60,00 - $74,999.
- 8% of Mix 96.5 listeners have an income of $50,000 to $59,999.
- 9% of Mix 96.5 listeners have an income of $40,000 to $49,999.
- 9% of Mix 96.5 listeners have an income of $30,000 to $39,999.
- 8% of Mix 96.5 listeners have an income of $20,000 to $29,999.
Education: Almost 70% of Mix 96.5 listeners have attended college. 30% have completed high school.
Investments: Mix 96.5 targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activities: Mix 96.5 attracts listeners who are very active participating in exercise and fitness, biking, golfing, gardening, and hiking. Mix 96.5 listeners enjoy going out to music concerts, sporting events, bars and restaurants.
Home: Mix 96.5 targets home owners. 62% own their own home. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating. In the past year many of Mix 96.5 listeners have spent money on painting or wallpaper, remodeling bathrooms and kitchens, landscaping, carpeting or floor covering, replacing windows and other home improvements.
Mix 96.5 targets listeners with purchasing power.
Mix 96.5's format targets consumers with high disposable income.
Mix 96.5 Listeners in the past year
- Purchased a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smart phones, video games, and HDTV's.
- Were big consumers of furniture, mattresses, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchase fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoyed going out to restaurants often every month.
- Purchased men and women's clothing, children clothing, men's and woman's shoes and accessories.
Mix 96.5 listeners are in their prime income and spending years.
Here's Why Mix 96.5 Targets Women
80% of all (male, female, and child) apparel purchases are made by women.
94% of all home furnishing purchases are controlled by women.
85% of all household spending is controlled by women.
50% of new computers are bought by women.
91% of all real estate purchases are influenced by a woman.
20% of home purchases are made by single women.
85% of all new vehicle purchases are directly influenced by a woman.
92% of packaged goods spending is controlled by women.
52% of all new vehicle purchases are made by women.
70% of travel decisions are made by women.
92% of all vacation travel decisions are influenced by women.
55% of wine purchases are made by women.
45% of all electronics purchases are made by women, and 61% are influenced by a woman.
90% of women participate in decisions that affect household investment and retirement accounts.
Source: Bridget Brennan, author of Why She Buys and recognized expert on women consumer behaviors and motivations.
Wake Up with The Ace & TJ Show On Mix 96.5
The Ace & TJ Show is based out of their Mega-Studio in Charlotte, NC and heard on stations around the country. Hosted by ACE & TJ.
One half of The ACE & TJ Show, Ace is also our resident rock star and front man for Charity Case, his band that raises money for Ace & TJ's Grin Kids.
The self-proclaimed psychiatrist, marriage counselor, and attorney of The ACE & TJ Show, TJ proves on a daily basis that he knows everything there is to know about the ladies. If you're looking to laugh, look no further than TJ.
Mix 96.5 Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here