Format & Call Letters
Classic Hits/Oldies - WGKY FM
95.9 WGKY is targeted to reach affluent adults between the ages of 25 to 54.
Classic Hits is not an era of music – it is a state of mind. Classic Hits includes hits of the 1970s, 1980s & 1990s.
Artist Profile: Superstars such as The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Beatles, Bob Seger, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Blondie, Bon Jovi, The Eagles, The Police, Duran Duran, and Aerosmith make this format one that will stand the test of time!
The 95.9 WGKY's Classic Hits music format has grown as one of the fastest-growing formats in America over the past decade.
The 95.9 WGKY's Classic Hits music format has also become a very popular at work choice for listeners.
The top three regular uses of radio for Classic Hits audiences in America are music, news, and weather.
95.9 WGKY allows advertisers to reach a large consumer group that can’t be reached with any other station.
The 95.9 WGKY's Classic Hits music format continues to be one of the most top rated formats in America for advertisers.
95.9 WGKY is designed to reach active consumers in their prime spending years.
95.9 WGKY has a wide demographic appeal with consumers who have purchasing power!
Age Composition: Over 75% of Classic Hits listeners in America fall into the 25-64 age group.
- 9% of 95.9 WGKY listeners are adults 65+.
- 21% of 95.9 WGKY listeners are adults 55 to 64 years old.
- 26% of 95.9 WGKY listeners are adults 45 to 54 years old.
- 17% of 95.9 WGKY listeners are adults 35 to 44 years old.
- 16% of 95.9 WGKY listeners are adults 25-34 years old.
- 11% of 95.9 WGKY listeners are adults 18-24 years old.
Gender: Almost 54% of 95.9 WGKY listeners are male while over 46% are female.
Household Income: Classic Hits listeners in America have high earning power.
- 46% of 95.9 WGKY listeners have an income of over $75,000.
- 12% of 95.9 WGKY listeners have an income of $60,000 - $74,999.
- 9% of 95.9 WGKY listeners have an income of $50,000 - $59,999.
- 8% of 95.9 WGKY listeners have an income of $40,000 - $49,999.
- 8% of 95.9 WGKY listeners have an income of $30,000 - $39,999.
- 8% of 95.9 WGKY listeners have an income of $20,000 - $29,000.
- 9% of 95.9 WGKY listeners have an income of less than $20,000.
- 60% of 95.9 WGKY listeners are married.
- 24% of 95.9 WGKY listeners are single.
- 5% of 95.9 WGKY listeners are engaged.
- 39% of 95.9 WGKY listeners have children at home.
Occupation: 95.9 WGKYlisteners are employed as Owners, Managers or Professionals, employed as Tradespeople, employed in the Sales and Service industry, and are also employed as Administrators or Clerical staff.
Education: 95.9 WGKY listeners are well educated.
- Over 30% are College graduates.
- Over 30% have attended community college.
- Over 32% have a high school diploma.
Get your message out to thousands of potential new customers each week with 95.9 WGKY.
95.9 WGKY listeners are in their prime earning and spending years.
Home: 95.9 WGKY targets homeowners. 76% of 95.9 WGKY listeners own a home. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects (s)
95.9 WGKY targets listeners with large purchasing power with retail sales in Idaho Falls and surrounding areas.
95.9 WGKY Listeners
- Purchase a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, video games, HDTVs, digital video recorders (TiVo), and digital cameras.
- Are big consumers of furniture, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchased fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skincare products.
- Enjoy going out to restaurants often every month. Over 50% go out more than 5 to 6 times a month.
- In the past year purchased men and women's clothing, infant and children clothing, men's and woman's shoes, and accessories.
Investments: 95.9 WGKY targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in real estate, mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activity: The 95.9 WGKY attracts listeners who are very active participating in exercise and fitness, boating, biking, golfing, camping, hiking, and going to the cottage on weekends.
These listeners dine out frequently, attend local and regional sporting events and concerts.
95.9 WGKY has a wide demographic appeal with consumers who have large purchasing power!
From the first regular-season game to the championship, follow the fast-paced action of the 2015
State Champion Mayfield Cardinals on their road to glory and see if they can bring home another win!
Don’t miss the full-court action of the Ballard County and Carlisle County Basketball Season.
Join the Boys & Girls teams for some serious hoops!
95.9 WGKY Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here